Competition Law: the risks, the rules and the red flags
£1,695.00* Price is per group unless stated
With competition regulators increasingly active, compliance is key to any business’ corporate governance agenda. However a breach comes to light, its consequences can be significant, with fines potentially reaching 10% of global turnover.
This course will help you to:-
- raise awareness of competition law issues throughout your business and to promote compliance;
- avoid rendering agreements invalid;
- mitigate against the consequences of any breach;
- avoid adverse publicity;
- avoid potential private actions from third parties who may suffer damage as a result of breach;
- avoid potential personal liability (criminal and civil, including imprisonment and director disqualification);
- reduce the risk of carelessness in communications leading to investigations of suspected anti-competitive behaviour;
- avoid additional risks such as the costs of handling an investigation and the likelihood of associated reputational harm; and
- assist your business to identify situations where it may wish to take action against anti-competitive behaviour by others.
- The rules, the key risks and how to spot them
- How Competition Law impacts your role
- How to respond to potentially risky communications
- Understand why focus on Competition Law
- Tools to help you understand and apply Competition rules
- Practice applying your learnings in a tailored case study
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who interacts with supply chain or competitor organisations. Delegates may include:-
- Directors, senior managers and supervisors
- Sales teams
- Bidding teams
- Finance teams
- In-house lawyers
- In-house compliance
Flexible - See calendar for availability.
Duration: Half Day
Location: Client Site