GDPR Training: an introduction to the new regime
£1,695.00* Price is per group unless stated
The General Data protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 both came into force on 25 May 2018, and govern how organisations collect, use, store and share personal data.
Given that all businesses will process some personal data (whether of its employees, customers or other individuals), the GDPR will be relevant. And given that businesses have an obligation to demonstrate their compliance with the GDPR, staff training is key to ensure that your workforce is aware of the obligations under the GDPR and how this might impact on their role.
There is a lot of scaremongering on the internet, and it isn’t any wonder that many businesses are concerned about the impact of the GDPR, or confused about their obligations. This introduction course to the GDPR is designed to give you a general overview of the new data protection regime, to help you understand certain key obligations which may apply to you, and provide some practical advice.
The topics we will cover are as follows:
Back to basics
- Key concepts:
- data controllers, processors, sub-processors and data subjects
- what is data processing?
- Types of personal data
- Special categories of personal data
Processing of data
- Basis for processing
- Data protection principles
- Profiling and automated decision making
- Record keeping and accountability
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
Other key concepts
- Does your business need a DPO?
- Transfers of data outside the EEA
- Data processing agreements
Data subject rights
- Information to be provided to data subjects
- An overview of a data subject’s rights
What happens if there is a breach?
Who should attend?
The GDPR has an impact on all areas of business, and it is essential that all employees are aware of and informed about their responsibilities under the regime.
This course will be of particular interest to:
- Managers and supervisors
- Marketing team
- In-house lawyers
Flexible - See calendar for availability.
Duration: Half Day
Location: Client Site