Recruitment sector – maximising recovery of fees
£1,500.00* Price is per group unless stated
The recruitment industry is fast moving and requires consultants to act quickly to secure new clients and in order to place candidates. This means that, invariably, there will be times when queries arise over fees charged to end clients, particularly in relation to the issue of ‘back-door’ hires, fees arising for temp to perm placements, or where it is alleged an alternative recruiter has introduced the candidate.
Here at Pannone Corporate we have a team of specialists who understand the recruitment sector and have built up expertise in dealing with disputes in this area. We are affiliate members of APSCo and we are well versed with the common arguments raised in trying to avoid paying fees, including: the assertion that contract terms do not apply as they have not been properly incorporated; conversion/transfer fees being unlawful ‘penalty clauses’; and the recruiter not being the effective cause of the introduction.
This course addresses the above issues and will provide you with:
- a framework for a model of best practice to reduce the number of fee queries faced and to maximise the chance of recovery of fees where those fees are disputed;
- a framework for an internal process to work through in the event fees are disputed;
- an overview of key contract terms and how the drafting of such terms can also improve your prospects of maximising fee recovery; and
- an overview of common defences received and how best to address them.
- Best practice for consultants at the outset to maximise the chance of fee recovery;
- Fee queries – a suggested process to follow;
- Key contract terms – are you as protected as you could be?
- Common defences raised and responding to them, including:
- Incorporation of terms;
- Penalty clauses;
- Effective Cause arguments.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who is actively involved in managing processes for recruitment consultants and those involved in seeking recovery of disputed fees:-
- Senior recruitment consultants managing teams;
- In-house legal teams;
- Finance teams;
- Senior management / Directors.